27: Don’t Worry About Changing the World, Change Your World – Interview with Butch Bellah
Butch Bellah is the owner of Dallas-based B2 Training & Development where he works with salespeople and organizations to gain more appointments, win more business and retain more customers. From his first corporate job at 21, it took Butch only four years to be promoted to Division Sales Manager, then another short 5 years to Vice President of Sales. At 35, he and a business partner acquired a controlling interest in the company he’d helped build from a $35 million local business to one of the largest wholesale food distributors in the nation with annual sales almost a quarter-billion dollars.
During his rapid ascent to sales and financial success, Butch also spent ten years as a professional stand-up comedian, honing not only his public speaking skills but enjoying what he calls “the best sales training I ever received.” In May 2009, Butch underwent triple-bypass heart surgery at 43 years old, completed cardiac rehab and ran his first 5K 190 days after surgery. He’s since completed dozens of 5Ks, two 10Ks and two half marathons. He has written two books, The 10 Essential Habits of Sales Superstars: Plugging Into The Power of Ten and Sales Management For Dummies (John Wiley & Sons) due this fall.
In this episode you will learn:
- The touching lesson his 16 year old daughter taught him about service
- How fatherhood made him a better leader
- How to focus on the essential few things in your life rather than the noisy many
- About creating ripples and a living legacy
You can find Butch here:
- Register for the Fatherhood Leadership Academy Coaching Program
- Watch my TEDx Talk: The Most Important Question A Father Can Ask Himself