19: The Working Dad’s Survival Guide
Scott Behson, PhD is a professor of management at Fairleigh Dickinson University, a national expert in work and family issues, and was a featured speaker at the recent White House Summit on Working Families.
He’s the author of the recently published book, The Working Dad’s Survival Guide: How to Succeed at Work and at Home (Motivational Press; June 9 2015), the first book of its kind to provide advice and encouragement for working fathers, helping them to achieve success in their careers while also being the involved, loving dads they always wanted to be.
Scott founded and runs the popular blog, “Fathers, Work, and Family,” dedicated to helping working fathers and encouraging more supportive workplaces. He writes regularly for the Harvard Business Review Online, Huffington Post and the Good Men Project, and has also been published in TIME and The Wall Street Journal. Scott lives in Nyack, NY with his wife, stage actress Amy Griffin, and son, Nick.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to set effectively prioritize work and family life
- How to protect and schedule in quality family time
- How to practice self care
- Resources for building a fatherhood network
You can connect with Scott here:
- Scott’s book on Amazon: The Working Dad’s Survival Guide: How to Succeed at Work and at Home
- Website: scottbehson.com
- Blog: fathersworkandfamily.com
- Twitter: @ScottBehson
- Register for the Fatherhood Leadership Academy Coaching Program
- Watch my TEDx Talk: The Most Important Question A Father Can Ask Himself