22: Consciously Speaking About Parenting
Michael Neeley is a former professional actor and medieval knight turned writer, motivational speaker, personal development coach, and author of the upcoming book The Art of Forgetting. He is also the host of the daily podcast, Consciously Speaking.
Michael has appeared in feature films with Mel Gibson and Kevin Costner, performed off Broadway with Andre Braugher and Kathleen Chalfant, and had recurring roles in several popular soap operas. His studies in character development took place both on and off camera, and ultimately fueled his desire to pursue personal development and consciousness training as a profession.
Michael is a student of Buddhism and sits on the Board of Directors at Insight Santa Cruz, a Buddhist meditation community. His contemplative practices form a great part of the foundation of his work, where he is also a certified Dharma teacher and meditation guide.
Most recently, Michael has put together a training program for other podcast hopefuls. He is helping upcoming hosts and producers in the A to Z process of designing, launching and growing a podcast audience.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to be a more conscious parent
- Insights on how to live with more integrity, work with greater passion, and lead an extraordinary life
- Why Michael still becomes emotional when he recalls a past parenting decision that he now regrets
- How mediation and mindfulness translate into becoming a better parent
You can find Michael here:
- Register for the Fatherhood Leadership Academy Coaching Program
- Watch my TEDx Talk: The Most Important Question A Father Can Ask Himself