30: Create a Life That You Don’t Want to Retire From
Roger Whitney is a father of two teenage sons and has been married for 24 years to a wonderful woman, Shauna; They all live outside of beautiful Fort Worth, Texas.
Roger is known as the The Retirement Answer Man, helping people plan well and invest wisely in their retirement. Roger began his career as a financial advisor in 1991 which allowed him to witness first-hand the rise and fall of the “new economy” and the dot-com bubble that ended in 2000. This experience solidified for Roger that financial management is about people, not money, and that they are served best by advisors that are fiduciaries to their clients and have the heart of a teacher. In 2003 Roger left, at the time, the largest private bank in the world and, with two wonderful partners, established WWK Wealth Advisors. Today, WWK is a firm of 14 professionals managing over $200 million in assets.
In this episode you will learn:
- How Roger learned from his early failures to transform his life and career
- Why road trips strengthen family bonds
- How to successfully plan for your retirement
- About creating a life you don’t want to retire from
You can find Roger here:
- Register for the Fatherhood Leadership Academy Coaching Program
- Watch my TEDx Talk: The Most Important Question A Father Can Ask Himself