39: How to Create Your Dream Life 4% at a Time
Gary Mahler is a beach boy who was born a thousand miles too far from a beach. He spends his days finding the perfect wave, chilling in Daikanyama, Tokyo, and savoring shave ice on the North Shore of Oahu. His background is in business administration, having completed a five year degree with honors. His thesis was based on his company, Mahler Industries — one of the most respected CNC manufacturing facilities in British Columbia, Canada.
At one point while running his company, Gary found his dissatisfaction growing and his life becoming mired in stress, tension and unhappiness. He transitioned from creating and running a successful manufacturing business for more than 20 years, to designing and creating two beautiful design homes, to living and working in Paris, Tokyo and traveling the globe like a love-sick jet-setter. His focus shifted from linear thinking to having fun while getting amazing things done. From this inspiration, Gary helps people create an impact in their lives as a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach. His zeal is now centered on helping other executives re-find their passion and to become great leaders. He has since sold his company and is using his vast experience running a successful business to create a leadership and mentorship program for business owners to be|come Alive.
In this episode you will learn:
- The “no blending” mindset when it comes to work life integration
- How to create the dream life and career 4% at a time
- The importance of giving your children the gift of what life could be
- The ultimate daily morning ritual that allows him to show up powerfully for his family and his clients
You can find Gary here:
- Website: Gary Mahler – be|come alive
- About Me: about.me/garymahler
- Link: Into the Fire Surf Retreat
- Email: Restart@GaryMahler.com
- Register for the Fatherhood Leadership Academy Coaching Program
- Watch my TEDx Talk: The Most Important Question A Father Can Ask Himself